Insight Corporate Care Associates - Linda Crockett
Linda Crockett, MSW, RSW, SEP, Bullying and Harassment Prevention/Intervention Expert
My passion and focus are developing and implementing resources and strategies to support Employers and Employees to experience Workplace Psychological Health and Safety in organizations. I design and provide Leadership and Staff Training; I administer Needs Assessments and provide, Crisis Intervention, Consultations, and a uniquely specialized combination of workplace coaching and counselling strategies.
For more complex cases I provide Clinical Treatment for those impacted by workplace bullying or harassment. For leaders or staff identified with disruptive behaviours, I have designed an assessment – rehabilitative – specific skill development process. My practice includes several psychological theories i.e.: client centered, holistic systems theory, social cognitive theory, cognitive behavioural therapy, and somatic experiencing trauma therapy.
I speak at International Conferences, professional networking events, radio interviews, international podcasts, TV interviews, published in a variety of magazines articles, and co-authored a book entitled Behind the Mask: The Many Faces of Bullying
HAVE A QUESTION FOR LINDA? YOU CAN REACH LINDA AT: email@example.com
Canadians in general spend over one third of our time in the workplace committed to developing our skills, relationships, goals, investments, hopes and dreams. These workplaces have policies and procedures to guide our behaviours and expectations. We expect to be safe, respected, supported, valued, and grow as professionals through the work we do. And, it is true that for many of us, we define our sense of self, accomplishments, and measure of success by our visible status in the workplace.
The clientele who I have been working with over the past 8 years instead have experienced shocking and confusing, workplace bullying and harassment. Some clients say their experience has been devastating. Depending on the duration of time exposed to bullying and/or harassment, and the resources or supports available to them, employees will typically demonstrate signs and symptoms of shock, confusion, insomnia, rumination, anxiety, panic attacks, loss of concentration, loss of self esteem, self doubt, increasing isolation, loss of safety, joy, depression, suicidal ideation, and in some cases symptoms of trauma.
- I have a master’s degree in advanced clinical social work practise and over 31 years of experience working in the government, health care, and non-profit organizations.
- I have worked within complex systems i.e. mental health, child protection, training and supervising investigations, domestic violence, sexual abuse, addictions, and adult and infant cancer care.
- I have a keen understanding of the internal and external systems within these large and/or small organizations including: Insurance, Unions, Medical, Human Rights, Labour Standards and OHS.
- I provide highly specialized workplace needs assessments, identifying gaps in processes and offering recommendations for long term sustainable solutions.
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Trauma Therapist (SE), and 1st. year SE teaching assistant.
- EAP provider for Homewood RSAP, and Janus Assoc.
- I am committed to offering a variety of qualified and quality resources for all parties involved in cases of workplace bullying and harassment. We must work with the Employers (Leadership), and Employees including those who are harmed (targets), those witnessing the harm (bystanders), and those identified with demonstrating bullying and harassment behaviours.
Areas of Expertise
- Bullying, harassment, and abuse
- Workplace psychological health and safety
- Grief and loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Social and interpersonal skills development
Education and Professional Designation(s)
- Registered Social Worker #6910 (since 1987)
- Master of Social Work
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Therapy
- Family and Community Safety Inspiration Award 2017 from the Government of Alberta For Individual Leadership in Bullying Prevention
- Government of Alberta Entrepreneur: Workplace Bullying Resource (2017)
- University of Alberta Alumni Award: Workplace Bullying Resource (2015)
- International Association of Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- *Special Interest Group: Workplace Therapists (2012)
- Workplace Bullying Institute (2012)
- Founder of the Alberta Bullying Research, Resources, and Recovery Centre Inc. (2012)
- Founder/member, Workplace Resource Network (2018)
- Co-Founder/member, Coalition of Alberta Workplace Specialist (CAWS) organization (2018)
- Dysfunctional Conflict and Performance Deterioration
- Employee Wellness and Psychological Health
- Safety and Human Rights
- Workplace and Employee Wellness
- Workplace Harassment, Bullying & Violence
- Diversity and workplace inclusiveness
- Human rights and discrimination
- Management/Leadership development
- Performance management
- Return-to-work assessment and support