Specialized Counselling and Treatments
An employee’s/member’s weakened state of psychological health or cognitive functioning can decrease or even debilitate their capacity to perform and be productive. As such, when employees are experiencing any of the following, prompt and competent intervention is critical for their stabilization and recovery:
- High stress, fatigue, anxiety, depression, trauma, or other psychological strain and injury, which may or may not have resulted from work-related abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination, violence, critical/traumatic incident, or feeling psychologically unsafe.
- Substance and alcohol dependency.
- Cognitive functioning impairment or deterioration due to stroke, concussion, brain injury, other medical condition, or aging.
- Difficulty adjusting to major life changes such as marital break-up, death of a spouse or child, major injury or illness, job loss, or other major life changes.
- Psychological illnesses or disorders such as bipolar, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychotic or personality disorders, or other disorders.
If you suspect or are concerned that an employee may be experiencing any of the above, prompt support and care should be provided to the employee to not only prevent further deterioration of their condition but more importantly to help them start their recovery and rebuilding process.
Insight’s team of over 50 inhouse therapists with a broad range of expertise stands ready to support your employees/members either online and in-person at Insight’s six Alberta service centres – Edmonton South, North, and Downtown as well as Calgary, Red Deer, and Spruce Grove. In addition, Insight has a robust network of seasoned affiliate therapists across different cities in Canada.
Our therapists provide counselling/therapy using evidence-based treatment modalities. Aside from being able to care for clients with different psychological issues, each therapist at Insight is also required to develop and advance their expertise in one or more areas of specialization. Those areas of specialization include but not limited to:
Our therapists are further supervised or guided by some of the leading experts and/or very seasoned specialists in the field. Instead of getting a generalist who may have some knowledge in a specific area of mental health concern, your employee/member will be matched with a therapist who specializes in the employee’s/member’s area of concern.
Advanced expertise within our clinical team also allows Insight to support employees with complex, multi-diagnoses, high trauma, or severe mental health and/or substance dependency Issues.