Performance/Conflict Management and Leadership Development
Questions for Your Consideration:
- Employee Performance Issues: Do you have an employee or a work team that is experiencing performance and/or work relationship issues?
- Performance and Team Development: Would you like to coordinate a performance enhancement or team building workshop for your next employee retreat or training session?
- Skills Improvement: Do some of your management personnel need to improve on certain management/leadership skills and competencies?
- Skills Development: Do you want to develop the management/leadership skills and competencies of employees identified for eventual advancement to management positions?
If you answer YES to any of the above, we can help you!
An employee’s poor or under performance can come in the form of failure to fulfill performance standards, non-compliance with work policies or procedures, and unacceptable, disruptive or negative behavior that impacts their work, work environment or co-workers. Many personal and work factors can adversely affect an employee’s work performance, including:
- Employee’s physical and/or psychological health concerns
- Issues with the work environment
- Inter-personal challenges and conflicts
- Supervisory or resource concerns
- Lack of needed competency and capacity
- Unclear direction or performance expectations
- Lack of motivation
- Other concerns in their personal life.
Failure to effectively address these performance-impacting issues and concerns can result in costly and detrimental outcomes for the organization, the affected employee, and other employees, including more significant deterioration in performance and productivity, low morale, increased psychological or physical effects, and/or reduced rate of retention.
Insight’s associates and therapists can support and work hand-in-hand with you to: help employees address issues that are affecting their performance and work relationships as well as develop the skills and competencies needed to improve their performance and work relationships.
Custom, half-day, full-day or multi-day workshops, presentations, as well as 45 to 60 minute Lunch and Learn sessions are delivered by therapists and associates with expertise in different subject areas. Sessions on the following subjects can be facilitated at a worksite, off site or at our Insight South Service Centre:
- Team Building
- Emotional Intelligence
- Influence of Personality Traits and Tendencies on One’s Interpersonal Needs and Behaviours
- Influence of Personality Traits and Tendencies on One’s Management Decisions and Behaviours
- Boundaries and Assertiveness
- Navigating Workplace Relationships
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Dealing with Difficult and Sensitive Work Relationships
- Addressing Harassment and Discrimination
- Gaining Cross-cultural Awareness and Competency
- New Topics on performance enhancement coming soon
- CUSTOMIZED TOPIC: Insight can work with you to develop a learning topic and session that best fits your needs
As an employer, you may encounter a case where an executive officer, manager, front line employee or team that is:
- unable to meet reasonable performance standards,
- experiencing a deterioration in performance, or
- encountering interpersonal conflicts at work that are affecting their performance, relationships, other employees, or the work atmosphere.
Our therapists and associates can work directly with an individual who is experiencing work performance issues or interpersonal conflicts at work. They can also work with a team with multiple members who have interpersonal conflicts with one-another and/or who are experiencing a psychologically unsafe or unhealthy team atmosphere.
For an individual or team experiencing performance issues, our associates and therapists can support them in the following manner:
- Assess and identify areas of support that can be provided by the employer to effectively assist the employee or team in addressing their performance issues.
- Facilitate solution-focus discussions and/or individual and team coaching sessions to identify and address issues affecting their performance as well as to develop abilities, competencies, and strategies to improve their performance.
- Some individuals may need or benefit from counselling/therapy sessions facilitated by our therapists, where deeper psychological, developmental, or personal issues affecting the individual’s ability to concentrate, function, learn, interact, or remain productive and effective at work would be addressed.
For an individual or team experiencing work-impacting interpersonal conflicts, our associates and therapists can support them in the following manner:
- Facilitate solution-focus discussions and/or individual and team coaching sessions to develop skills, strategies, and competencies to handle conflicts, manage one’s own responses to conflicts as well as to improve inter-personal interactions.
- Some individuals and teams may need or benefit from counselling/therapy sessions facilitated by our therapists, where deeper psychological, personal, inter-personal, or other issues affecting the individual’s or team’s ability to maintain positive relationships would be addressed.
Our associates can help your existing as well as up-and-coming managers enhance their skills and abilities in multiple ways:
- Management/Leadership Skills Assessment and Development for Individuals: Assessment of an individual’s management/leadership skills and tendencies, followed by the identification and review of areas for development. Such skills and tendencies could cover a multitude of areas including self-awareness, supervision, leadership styles, learning style, planning and organizing, tolerance of ambiguity, locus of control, inter-personal relations, conflict management, communication, influence and persuasion, delegation, stress and time management, and many more.
- Management/Leadership Skills Assessment and Development for Teams: Assessments of members within a management team or group, followed by development activities in targeted areas such as team building, communication, and inter-personal engagement, dealing with uncertainties, stress management, strategic thinking, management decision-making, and many more.
- Management/Leadership Training and Coaching: Group workshops on specific management/leadership topics or individual management/leadership coaching sessions.
- Management/Leadership Decision Making and Skills Application: Management decision-making and skills development through consultation and skills-application (working through) on active cases of employee concerns or problems.
There are extremely few outlets where managers, directors, and executive officers can feel psychologically safe and supported in sharing their challenges at work. Such challenges or concerns may include:
- Difficulties working with one’s supervisor or members of the Board.
- Crises or harmful politics affecting the organization or one’s self.
- Harassment or discrimination.
- Overly intense pressure or unreasonable expectation to take on certain initiatives.
- Deterioration in key operational functions and/or difficulty in rectifying major operational challenges.
- Difficulty generating new resources or support.
- Major changes in the organization or in one’s personal life.
- One’s own health deterioration or increasing sense of disillusionment.
Under such circumstances, a leader may wish that they can consult with, receive coaching or support from and/or be mentored, in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment, by another seasoned leader with proven management and leadership success – someone who has truly been there, navigated through, learned from, and successfully addressed the many similar issues and concerns encountered. They can also offer some different perspectives and approaches to addressing one’s challenges and concerns.
Insight’s Leaders’ Mind Share is precisely such a program, where each of our associate is a seasoned non-profit and/or for-profit practice-leader with extensive experience and expertise as well as demonstrated success in non-profit and/or for-profit management.
Our associates can support managers, directors, and executive officers in the following manner:
- Examine personal, relational, organizational/operational, or environmental challenges and concerns encountered,
- Identify contributors to those challenges and concerns,
- Explore viable resolutions for those challenges and concerns, and
- Establish appropriate plans to execute the solutions.
Leading an organization and teams of employees to tackle some critical challenges or to try to capture some amazing market opportunities can be highly rewarding but also highly stressful and energy-taxing, often requiring you to function continuously in an adaptive, resilient, creative, and resourceful manner. One’s personal time and enjoyment, relationships as well as physical and psychological wellness can all be directly affected by such continuous efforts.
Insight’s therapists as well as the team of physicians and specialists from its partner organization, Femme Homme Medical, can support you in the following manner:
- Work directly with you and your managers in one-on-one counselling/therapy sessions to deal with the mental and emotional strain from your work as well as other related issues and concerns.
- Provide you and your managers with a comprehensive head-to-toe assessment that will give each person a complete picture of their current health and potential future risks.
- Provide follow-up care by FHM’s team of physicians and medical specialists at its world class facility to address concerns and risks identified.
- Provide on-going pro-active monitoring and preventative care for your and your managers’ health.
Our health care program ensures that your and your managers’ physical, psychological, and relationship health as well as overall personal wellness are being attended to in a proactive and preventative manner.
Associates that can help:
Communications, Harassment and Bullying, Mental health issues, Psychological Safety, Trauma, Work Relationships, Workplace Wellness
Harassment and Bullying, Leadership Development, Psychological Safety, Work Relationships, Workplace Investigations, Workplace Violence
Cross-cultural Competency, Discrimination and Harassment, Human Resources, Management Development, Psychological Safety, Small Business Management
Business Processes, Business Start-up, Leadership Development, Operations Management, Small Business Management, Work Performance, Work Relationships
Business Development, Business Processes, Cross-cultural Competency, Leadership Development, Small Business Management, Work Performance, Work Relationships
Critical Incident Response, Grief and Loss, Harassment and Abuse, Mental health issues, PTSD, Psychological Safety, Work Relationships, Workplace Wellness
Critical Incident Response, Grief and Loss, Harassment and Abuse, Leadership Development, Not-for-profit Management, Psychological Safety, Small Business Management, Work Performance
Business Development, Communications, Cross-cultural Competency, Management Development, Small Business Management, Strategic Planning, Work Relationships