Individual and Workplace Assessments
Questions for Your Consideration:
- Candidate Suitability: Would you like to determine if a candidate is best suited for a specific type of position or which candidates may be most equipped to take on a management or executive role?
- Outplacement Support: Do you want to provide support to laid-off or terminated employees in exploring, planning, and preparing for their next career or employment?
- Determining and Addressing Performance Barriers: Do you want to help an employee determine and work through/around their barriers to performance and/or relationships?
- Mental Health Assessment: Do you want to help an employee determine and effectively deal with their mental health concerns?
- Injury and Return-to-work Psychological, Cognitive or Functioning Assessment: Do you or your employee need an independent assessment of the types and extent of psychological, cognitive, and/or general functioning injuries sustained by the employee, their readiness to return to work and the accommodations necessary?
- Workshop – Personality and Inter-personal Traits: Would like us to facilitate a team building workshop where your employees can explore their own as well as their co-workers’ personality traits and inter-personal tendencies?
If you answer YES to any of the above, we can help you!
Insight’s assessment team has worked extensively with organizations and individual employees to evaluate and develop the employees’ capacity to return-to-work, improve performance, pursue new and/or more complex work responsibilities, enhance their leadership and management skills, improve their interpersonal relations and communication abilities, change careers, maintain academic pursuit, and address personal difficulties.
Let us help and support you. Read about the services we offer below and contact us today.
Assessment Services Provided
For employees at all levels, gaining a deeper awareness of their personality traits and tendencies can often help them to better understand their own needs and behaviours when it comes to communicating and relating with others, making decisions, motivation, or fulfilling certain tasks. This would no doubt aid in their efforts to become more effective not only in their work roles and relationships but also in their roles and relationships outside of work.
For managers and leaders, management and leadership styles and tendencies can be determined in multiple aspects including one’s ability to:
- tolerate ambiguity and make decisions in the absence of full information,
- supervise and motivate others,
- communicate effectively and relate positively to others,
- think and act creatively,
- adapt and lead competently through change,
- fulfill other management and leadership dimensions.
Our therapists and associates work actively with both the employer and the individual employees in assessing the employee’s traits and tendencies in a broad range of management, leadership, and inter-personal areas.
Team building workshops using Myers-Briggs, FIRO-B, and other tests to explore different personality traits and inter-personal tendencies can also be readily provided. In such workshops, employees learn not only about themselves but also their co-workers and how to best support, motivate, and work more effectively with individuals with different personality traits and inter-personal tendencies.
In many cases, an employee who is on an extended leave due to illness, accident, trauma, or other incidents would experience not only physical challenges but also psychological, cognitive, and/or general functioning effects.
Our therapists can provide assessments on:
- the types and extent of psychological, cognitive, and/or general functioning injuries experienced by the employee,
- how the injuries might affect the employee’s readiness to return to work, and
- the type of work accommodation that may be needed.
Our therapists can also provide therapy and support to the employee in dealing with the psychological effects and injuries so that they can be more ready and able to return to work. For employees with difficulty attending face-to-face therapy sessions, sessions can be facilitated through secured online counselling (real-time, secured video conferencing).
Insight partners with respected providers of disability management services and together, we can assess and assist employees both physically and psychologically in preparing for their active return to work.
While the effectiveness and success of an individual in any position is impacted by many factors, an employer’s ability to determine whether an individual would have a higher likelihood of being successful in a particular type of position could be noticeably enhanced by gaining an awareness of whether the individual has the traits, aptitude, personality, and/or tendencies that would be needed to be effective in the position.
Our therapists and associates can assist employers in determining
- A job candidate’s traits, aptitude, personality, and/or tendencies as they relate to those that would be needed to be effective in a particular type of position.
- A non-management or junior supervisory employee’s traits, aptitude, personality, and/or tendencies as they relate to those that would be needed to effectively take on management roles and responsibilities.
- An employee’s traits, aptitude, personality, or tendencies as they relate to those that would be needed to be effective in a different type of position to which an employer may wish to re-assign them.
For employees that have been outplaced or that are seeking a job/career change, our therapists and associates can assist them in examining the types of work or vocation that may be suited for them, in consideration of their traits, aptitude, personality, and/or tendencies. Our therapists can also support them in working through the emotional and psychological impact of job loss.
Barriers to work could manifest in an employee’s ability to function, reason, execute decisions or activities, learn and apply knowledge, communicate, regulate their emotion or behavior, or maintain a relationship with others. Our therapists can work actively with both the employer and the individual employee in determining the employee’s:
- Functional capacity – the individual’s capacity for social interaction, communication, reasoning with emotional information, executive functioning as well as barriers in these areas that could directly affect their employment success and sustainability.
- Possibility barriers – these may include developmental disability such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, learning disability, or other disorders and issues (e.g. cognitive ability, memory problems, abstract reasoning issues, and common-sense reasoning, etc.) that may be inhibiting their capacity to interact, communicate, learn, focus, function, reason with emotional information, and more, that could in turn affect their learning, applications, and interactions at work.
For an individual that may be concerned with or may exhibit psychological, behavioural or personality disorders or functioning issues, our therapists can work directly with the employee to determine the presence and degree of the disorder or issue. Such issues may include:
- anxiety disorder
- bipolar disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- personality traits such as histrionic, antisocial, borderline, paranoid, and schizoid disorders.
Such disorders and issues can most certainly inhibit an individual’s ability to function or interact effectively at work and at home, which in turn could threaten the individual’s employment stability, relationships, and/or learning capacity.
Upon the completion of testing and report preparation, our therapists would:
- Review the test results with the employee and explore the meaning and implications of the results on their work, relationship, and/or personal life.
- Explore with an employee seeking new job/career – careers, employment and/or education paths that may be suitable for them.
- Work with an employee with barrier(s) to work and relationships – to develop or enhance the needed capacity, skills, strategies, and/or accommodations to address or work with
- identified barriers.
- Work with an employee with psychological, behavioural and personality disorder – to establish a treatment plan as well as access appropriate therapy, treatment, and follow-up support.
Post-assessment follow-up support services such as career pathing, skills and competency enhancement, and/or therapy can be readily provided by Insight’s therapists and associates.
For employees with difficulty attending face-to-face therapy and follow-up sessions, sessions can be facilitated through Online Counselling (real-time, secured video conferencing).